Having keywords in meta title tag boosts Google ranking by 22%. So, we’ll show you how to write a powerful headline that attracts users. Firstly, let’s talk about the basic headline writing requirements from Google.
- Keep your titles under 60 characters.
- Keep your keyword at the beginning of the title
- Choose the correct heading type
- Choose all 4 types of word categories
- Make the heading irresistible to users
Secondly, you’ll need to make sure your title is under 60 characters long. Therefore, 90% of the title will be visible to users when searching from Google. Thirdly, you’ll need to choose a keyword for your content and keep it at the beginning. However, if you are using long keywords, it’ll be harder for you to follow the rest of the rules. So, try to keep the keyword short and focused. Finally, to write a powerful headline, you’ll need to choose the correct heading type and words.
What does it take to write a powerful headline?
To write a powerful headline, you need to first understand the types of headlines. There can be lots of headlines types based on different situations. However, to make it simple we’ll discuss the top 5 most popular headlines types.
- “How-To” Headlines: These headlines add the phrase “how-to” at the beginning of the title. In addition, this headline is about explaining or instructing, how to do something.
- “Why” Headlines: This headlines is used to describes the reason for something, and highlight an explanation or opinion.
- List Headlines: Writing a list headline for one of your article is all about making an impression. In adition, it mostly starts with a number and the content follows the headline.
- “Best” Headlines: This headline often mix with list headlines but it is about ranking certain items above the others. In adition, it alwys starts with the word “Best” and the content follows.
- Genric Headline: If a headline do not fit into any tyes, this is where it goes. Therefore, this is not a recommended type to follow. However, under diffrent cercomustances, this could be used too.
Finally, it is very important to place the keyword imminently after “How to” or “Why” or “Best” to get effective results.
What are the 4 types of word categories?
It is very important to follow the rule of using all these 4 types of word categories.
- Power Words: Powerful headlines contains at least 1 power word.
- Emotional Words: Powerful headlinescontains 10-15% emotional words.
- Uncommon Words: Powerful headlines contains 10-20% uncommon words.
- Common Words: Powerful headlines contains 20-30% common words.
So, these are the percentage of words of each category you should use in headings. In addition, we’ll provide you with the word bank so that you can get creative with your headings.